It’s been coming for a while.
Change is inevitable.
SharePoint Modern UI is here.
And, we’ve begun updating libraries and lists.
Per this link, https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Update-on-modern-list-tenant-opt-out-removal/td-p/469297, we changed the opt-out methods (from tenant-level to site-level). One of the things that we noted is that you can use Enable-PnPFeature or Disable-PnPFeature to manage this. … [ Continue reading ]
Right before sending a customer the link for the tool, I decided to test it and noticed that I encountered an unexpected credential prompt. I updated the parameter name, and then added a new feature as well–a test to see if your tenant has the correct licensing to enable Password writeback. … [ Continue reading ]
Today, I pressed in a little bit on exploring CSOM–at least as it relates to the OneDrive for Business Admin tool.
One of my peers asked if there was a command that we could use to check to see if a site had been put on a retention hold. … [ Continue reading ]
This update comes from a user–it’s a pretty simple one.
I posted the script Remove-ProxyAddresses back in 2017 after writing a blog post on the same topic. In my script, I had covered Mailboxes, MailUsers, and Contacts. I did not, however, include RemoteMailboxes, as my original thinking was “if you moved it there, you already got rid of the bad proxies.”
Which, didn’t turn out to be necessarily true (especially if you used my other way of removing proxy addresses via AAD Connect). … [ Continue reading ]
This afternoon, while working with a colleague, I was alerted to a customer that appears to have the same 6-character password set for every user, which honestly, I feel like violates the very notion of a password. They’re not currently in Office 365 (or even Active Directory), but the risk is the same:
Users tend to use the same passwords everywhere.… [ Continue reading ]
While troubleshooting an issue for a peer today running the Exchange Hybrid Configuration Wizard, I suspected that the environment might have an authenticated proxy in the way. So, I dug out some code I used in the AAD Connect Network Test for Invoke-WebRequest.… [ Continue reading ]