Just had this come up, so I thought I’d post it for whoever else needs to hear this. I can quickly think of three ways to do this: One using Outlook, one using PowerShell, and one using both.… [ Continue reading ]
An issue came up today for one of my customers–how to remove orphaned mailbox searches in Exchange Online. Apparently, they have about 300 mailboxes in this state. Oops.
So, in order to do this, you need to go through a handful of steps:
- Identify all of the Mailbox Searches.
This week, I had a customer ask about generating a list of all sites a user had access to as part of their security and employee termination process. SharePointPnPPowerShell seemed like a good place to start. But then, I decided, what if I wanted to find all the places a particular had a particular type of permission? … [ Continue reading ]
A few weeks ago, I ran into an issue with a customer. Scenario:
- Customer had configured alternate-id sign in with AAD Connect (the gist is that it flows on-premises mail to cloud UPN)
- Synced identity to tenant
- Tenant did not have any verified domains
As expected, without a matching verified domain in the tenant, UPN suffixes in the tenant were actually set as @tenant.onmicrosoft.com. … [ Continue reading ]
Sometimes, your mind just gets to thinking about stuff you could have done better. Last night was one of those times.
I’d started building new lab environments for work, and decided to start pumping users into AD and syncing them to my test tenants. … [ Continue reading ]