Yes. I said it.
Someone needed to put a line in the sand and today, that person is me. I’m going to say these are some best practices.
But of course, your mileage may vary, depending on your type of organization (users at a local bank or city government will have different threats presented to them than an engineering firm with international customers, for example). … [ Continue reading ]
Here’s a fun one … Disabling Teams auto-startup. Imagine this scenario:
- You haven’t trained your service desk on how to answer/troubleshoot/manage Teams help desk calls
- You’ve configured restrictions on who can create Teams
- You’ve deployed the new Office ProPlus update with Teams integrated.
… [ Continue reading ]
This certainly seems to be a day for updates! Based on some additional feedback from my peers, I’ve updated the Get-UserHoldPolicies script to exclude legacy Exchange MRM policies by default. MRM policies, while they have RetentionPolicyTags, are technically either moving or deleting content, not preserving it.… [ Continue reading ]
Based on some user feedback, I’ve made the following modifications to the OneDrive for Business Admin Tool:
- Fixed a reference to the original function name for FolderToDelete
- Added verbiage referencing the -Confirm parameter when using FolderToDelete parameter
- Tidied up code indentations to make it more readable
I’ve got some additional feedback that I will incorporate as well (once I figure out how to do it).… [ Continue reading ]
As my kids are eager to tell me, I done messed up. 😉 One of my readers pointed out an oversight where a null variable may have been referenced–and it’s been corrected! H/T to @itpro_tipscom!
You can get the updated version at https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/PwnCheck-HaveIBeenPwned-d65cf5f1.… [ Continue reading ]