It’s literally been a year since I’ve updated it–mainly because we haven’t made any significant endpoint changes.
I did detect some CRL endpoint updates and a few other odds and ends for Worldwide Commercial and GCC Moderate, so I’ve updated the AAD Network Communications Test tool accordingly.… [ Continue reading ]
Hi! Just a quick note to let you all know I’ve updated the email validation function for the Get-PublicFolderIDFixReport tool used when verifying mail-enabled public folders. I used the formula from my previous post.… [ Continue reading ]
While updating the my Public Folder IDFix tool, I was testing the [
Net.Mail.MailAddress] class. I’ve used it in the past, and it seemed to be a pretty simply way to check for valid addresses, but I started running into problems with it not detecting some things that were obviously not in the RFC.… [ Continue reading ]
Since the TechNet Gallery retirement, I’ve had several users contact me regarding the Public Folder IDFix tool that I put out almost 6 years ago. I don’t do a lot of Exchange Public Folder migrations any more, so I shelved a lot of updates and things that I had planned for my public folder tools.… [ Continue reading ]
In order to help our customers (and their users) fully transition from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams, I’ve updated the Disable-SkypePlugin script that I published back in 2020 and put it on the PowerShell Gallery.… [ Continue reading ]
A customer I was working with last week had trouble tracking down all the places that an email address was placed in an allow list–across multiple transport rules and other filter policies.
I created a tool just for this back in 2018, but it got lost in the TechNet Gallery decommission. … [ Continue reading ]
Just plodding away here–moved the Get-ActiveSyncDeviceReport script to PowerShell Gallery. What is this script, you ask?
Well, you can use it to export a mailbox’s associated ActiveSync Device IDs–great info to have for documentation, security, or during a migration planning event where you need to populate permitted devices.… [ Continue reading ]
This week, I was helping someone troubleshoot authentication issues when hybrid migration mailboxes to Exchange Online.
In order to migrate a mailbox successfully, the EWS endpoint virtual directory should have NTLM/Negotiate authentication method available.… [ Continue reading ]
As I mentioned in my previous post, I’ve been trudging towards migrating the 60 or so tools, modules, and scripts I published on the now-retired TechNet Gallery over to the PowerShell Gallery.
I want to make sure I migrate the things that people find most useful–so far, I’m about halfway and wanted to do a quick check-in:
PowerShell Gallery | Packages matching atguilmette
Let me know what tools you’re looking for and I’ll prioritize getting those up!… [ Continue reading ]
Post Technet Gallery requirement, I’ve been slowly going through my tools and updating them for the PowerShell Gallery. I came across this tool I built for troubleshooting a deployment at a customer a few years ago and immediately dove into updating it with new endpoints.… [ Continue reading ]
Earlier this week, I got a request from one of my readers to re-publish the SharePoint Site Access Report I put together back in July of 2019.
So, I’ve done exactly that. It’s a quick report and has been useful for several of my customers–maybe it can be useful for you, too! … [ Continue reading ]
Just a quick post today–I’ve re-published my Wipe-ExchangeOnlineMailbox script to the PowerShell gallery.
Hopefully, this helps everyone who continues to want to use this script. Good luck!
And, if you accidentally delete too much stuff, be sure to check out my post about recovering from self-inflicted wounds: Using Restore-RecoverableItems, or “how I saved my own bacon”
… [ Continue reading ]
As you’ve possibly seen in a previous post from a few years back, I wrote a tool specifically to identify a gap in our IDFix tool (namely, the inability to identify which objects were duplicates across one or more forests).… [ Continue reading ]
While working on a cross-tenant issue with a customer, I had the requirement minimize the number of non-delivery reports sent to external users. I suggested the best way to do this might be a catch-all mailbox.… [ Continue reading ]