Friday, while building a new lab to use while writing a chapter for our new Microsoft Teams book, I went through the normal process in Exchange to request a certificate and apply it. Easy peasy normally, right?… [ Continue reading ]
It’s literally been a year since I’ve updated it–mainly because we haven’t made any significant endpoint changes.
I did detect some CRL endpoint updates and a few other odds and ends for Worldwide Commercial and GCC Moderate, so I’ve updated the AAD Network Communications Test tool accordingly.… [ Continue reading ]
This error falls into the “both nebulous and specific at the same time” category. Here is a list of a few things you can do to troubleshoot it.
The full text of the message looks something like this:
There are a handful of things to check.… [ Continue reading ]
A few weeks ago, while helping a customer configure Exchange Hybrid for Teams, we ran into this interesting error:
As I’ve stated previously, interesting in the context of both technology troubleshooting and doctor’s visits is rarely something you want to hear.… [ Continue reading ]
This week, while helping a customer onboard to Azure AD Connect, we ran into an interesting error:
The on-premises synchronization service is not able to connect to Azure Active Directory.… [ Continue reading ]
This morning, while attempting to set up a virtual machine in my lab environment, I encountered an error while attempting to install the MSOnline module–the NuGet and PowerShellGet components were not already installed. Easy enough–the installation procedure prompts to install them anyway, so just hit yes, right?… [ Continue reading ]
Today, I found myself working with a customer that was experiencing delivery failures to some Office 365 recipients from all external senders.
As problems go, this one definitely finds itself in the “interesting” category. … [ Continue reading ]
Last week, I began working with a customer that was experiencing what appeared to be a significant amount of updates to a certain group of objects in the local Active Directory. These objects were being imported from another forest as contacts, yet found themselves being updated very frequently by the local AAD Connect instance.… [ Continue reading ]
An issue came up today for one of my customers–how to remove orphaned mailbox searches in Exchange Online. Apparently, they have about 300 mailboxes in this state. Oops.
So, in order to do this, you need to go through a handful of steps:
- Identify all of the Mailbox Searches.
A few weeks ago, I ran into an issue with a customer. Scenario:
- Customer had configured alternate-id sign in with AAD Connect (the gist is that it flows on-premises mail to cloud UPN)
- Synced identity to tenant
- Tenant did not have any verified domains
As expected, without a matching verified domain in the tenant, UPN suffixes in the tenant were actually set as @tenant.onmicrosoft.com. … [ Continue reading ]
One of my peers this week was looking for a script to help check global DNS resolution for particular records for both replication and geo-loadbalancing testing.
The record types and data he was looking for:
- TXT (for SPF)
- TXT (for DMARC)
This is what I came up with, so maybe it can help someone else.… [ Continue reading ]