Hi! It’s a day ending in “y,” which means it’s a good day to update a script!
While working on my last mini-series, I utilized my Create-LabUsers tool to automate the creation of a few thousand objects. When I was synchronizing my AD users to another directory, I noticed that I didn’t have mailNickname populated and had to add a quick script to fill that value in. … [ Continue reading ]
It’s that time of the year again! I’ve expanded upon an existing feature in the AAD Network Test Tool.
One of the prerequisites listed on the AAD Connect support page is to ensure the Turn on PowerShell Transcription GPO is set to Not Configured. … [ Continue reading ]
As luck would have it, I have one more update to deliver today.
One of my peers (shout out to Mike Manning) noticed that when using the ExportImport-CalendarProcessing tool, mailbox objects that have some special characters in them don’t get processed correctly on the import function. … [ Continue reading ]
While working through an issue with a customer today, we needed to add some OneDrive sites to a retention policy. No problem! Except for the part where no one has a list of OneDrive sites and the user interface doesn’t let you search or browse for them.… [ Continue reading ]
I was shocked to discover that I hadn’t updated the OneDrive for Business Admin Tool since January. Shocked that I hadn’t had any good ideas for it. Shocked, I tell you.
And then, a requirement presented itself for a tenant-to-tenant migration: how big are all of the OneDrive sites?… [ Continue reading ]
It’s Two-fer Friday. I don’t know if it was a thing, but it is now.
Based on received feedback, I have updated the AAD Connect Advanced Permissions tool to check for the Active Directory schema version in addition to the Exchange schema. … [ Continue reading ]
Just a quick note: I’ve updated the AAD Connect Network Test Tool to now query Windows Product Edition data to provide a little more system configuration prerequisite testing information, based on the OperatingSystemSKU data listed at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/CIMWin32Prov/win32-operatingsystem.… [ Continue reading ]
Four score and many moons ago, I was working on one of my first projects in Microsoft Consulting Services. This particular customer (a university) shared their Active Directory infrastructure with a hospital. During the course of their business, employees would frequently move between organizations. … [ Continue reading ]
Today, I received an email from a customer that one of the scripts I had in the gallery wasn’t working correctly. Yes, I know it’s hard to believe, but I made an update and didn’t regression test completely, and then something stopped working.… [ Continue reading ]
This week, while working with one of my customers in a custom Office 365 deployment, I had the opportunity to revisit and update one of my scripts (Remove Proxy Addresses via AAD Connect). I had originally built that script for a large state government Office 365 migration from BPOS-D. … [ Continue reading ]
Woo! A day of updates! I’ve made a few updates to this tool, so hopefully you’ll find them useful:
2018-08-12: A reader noticed that the UpdateAdminSDHolder switch didn’t work ask expected when specifying the ExchangeHybridWriteBack OU without the ExchangeHybridWriteBackOUs parameter. I have found and updated that! … [ Continue reading ]
Update (7/24): I updated this since the last revision, so if you downloaded it prior to 7/24/2018, get the newest version.
I began working with the product group on rolling in some of the network connectivity and testing checks available in the AAD Connect Network Test tool into the actual AAD Connect product. … [ Continue reading ]
I trotted out the trusty WireShark and Fiddler tools today and ran through the latest iteration of AAD Connect setup. In so doing, I’ve added a few endpoints to the test:
Earlier today, I was notified that the Dynamics 365 network URLs page was updated, so I updated my Dynamics test tool.
But then, I thought, what else could I put in it?
Never one to leave well enough alone, I started tinkering. … [ Continue reading ]
Just when you thought it couldn’t get more awesome.
By popular request, I have added a few new features (and fixed an annoyance). First, the bug fix:
Yes, it’s true. If you ran the Create-LabUsers script with -Count 1 with the -InflateMailboxes parameter, you’d run into an issue because of how I calculated the $MaxRecipients value. … [ Continue reading ]
Update: This tool has a new shortlink: http://aka.ms/aadnetwork
Since the tool passed the 500 download mark a few weeks ago, I’ve started getting more questions (internal and external) about a few of the tests and checks. So, I decided to update/refine them to hopefully provide better guidance.… [ Continue reading ]
Update: I’ve added a shortlink for this tool: http://aka.ms/createlabusers.
Because you didn’t ask for it, I went ahead and added to it.
Well, that’s a lie. I actually had some really great ideas and feedback, so I’ve added a few new features that I wanted to draw attention to:
- Detect existing Exchange session – If you cancel the script to create mailboxes while it’s running, you previously needed to run a Remove-PSSession to close the open Exchange session.