While continuing my stroll down old posts lane, I stumbled across one that I made for building custom sensitive information types. One of the things that I noticed about it was that it it had a link a file hosted on our now-sunsetted Technet Gallery.… [ Continue reading ]
Hey! As we enter the waning days of summer, I wanted to update a tool that I’ve had sitting around for a while.
Years ago, when I was in Microsoft Consulting Services, I ran into one particular customer that had manually populated the mail property of thousands of service accounts, groups, vendor accounts, and contacts–not with the object or user’s individual email address, but with the email address of the person who managed the AD object. … [ Continue reading ]
We’ve updated our baseline requirements for deploying AAD Connect, so I’ve updated the AAD Connect Network Communications Test to reflect those changes.
- We now allow you to configure AAD Connect using the Hybrid Identity Administrator role, so the tool now checks for it.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I’ve been trudging towards migrating the 60 or so tools, modules, and scripts I published on the now-retired TechNet Gallery over to the PowerShell Gallery.
I want to make sure I migrate the things that people find most useful–so far, I’m about halfway and wanted to do a quick check-in:
Let me know what tools you’re looking for and I’ll prioritize getting those up!… [ Continue reading ]
Post Technet Gallery requirement, I’ve been slowly going through my tools and updating them for the PowerShell Gallery. I came across this tool I built for troubleshooting a deployment at a customer a few years ago and immediately dove into updating it with new endpoints.… [ Continue reading ]
Update: I’ve published this as function that you can install from the PowerShell Gallery and then dotsource whenever you need it. Check it out!
Here’s a quick one for today–I wanted to upgrade the Check External IP function that I have in my PS Profile and expand it to be able to use more than one provider. … [ Continue reading ]
This week, I’ve got a few updates for the AAD Network Communications Test!
- I’ve moved it to the PowerShell Gallery. You can now install it with PowerShellGet by using the command:
Install-Script -Name AADConnect-CommunicationsTest
- I’ve updated the GCC High and DOD endpoints to the best of my ability (I’m always looking for feedback on this, so if you have new endpoints, be sure to connect with me!)
My colleague Andreas asked today for some help troubleshooting an issue he’d run into with the Create-LabUsers script failing while using the InflateMailboxes parameter.
The problem ended up being three-fold:
- I had some pre-populated user names that had spaces in them
- I hadn’t trimmed the spaces out when constructing the SMTP address (although I had for the UPN)
- I didn’t test for a valid RFC sender address when constructing the mail
So, all of those things together conspired to generate errors whenever some of those user names were hit. … [ Continue reading ]
Based on some user feedback, I’ve made the following modifications to the OneDrive for Business Admin Tool:
- Fixed a reference to the original function name for FolderToDelete
- Added verbiage referencing the -Confirm parameter when using FolderToDelete parameter
- Tidied up code indentations to make it more readable
I’ve got some additional feedback that I will incorporate as well (once I figure out how to do it).… [ Continue reading ]