Tonight, I found myself having to copy the AnyConnect binaries from one ASA 5505 to another without a device on-LAN to TFTP to. I did, however, have a public FTP server that could use to move the data around.… [ Continue reading ]
After getting my PIX to boot in my previous post, I decided to run through the password recovery procedures.
- PIX recovery images (available from either the Cisco site individually or here in one ZIP file)
- PIX firewall software version
- TFTP server software (I used the TFTP server included in the PacketTrap pt360 Suite in this exercise)
- Terminal Emulator (I typically use PuTTY)
- Connect Ethernet 0 on the PIX to your local LAN.
When meeting with a potential customer the other day, she mentioned that she had a running PIX with an unknown password.
I thought I’d refresh my PIX skills and decided to bust out an old PIX 506E we had sitting in the office.… [ Continue reading ]