Hi! It’s a day ending in “y,” which means it’s a good day to update a script!
While working on my last mini-series, I utilized my Create-LabUsers tool to automate the creation of a few thousand objects. When I was synchronizing my AD users to another directory, I noticed that I didn’t have mailNickname populated and had to add a quick script to fill that value in. … [ Continue reading ]
Just when you thought it couldn’t get more awesome.
By popular request, I have added a few new features (and fixed an annoyance). First, the bug fix:
Yes, it’s true. If you ran the Create-LabUsers script with -Count 1 with the -InflateMailboxes parameter, you’d run into an issue because of how I calculated the $MaxRecipients value. … [ Continue reading ]
While adding features to my latest update of the Create-LabUsers tool, I wanted to provide a way to generate and send test email data to randomized recipients. While generating a random list of recipients wasn’t terribly hard, what did take a bit more work is generating random text. … [ Continue reading ]
Update: I’ve added a shortlink for this tool: http://aka.ms/createlabusers.
Because you didn’t ask for it, I went ahead and added to it.
Well, that’s a lie. I actually had some really great ideas and feedback, so I’ve added a few new features that I wanted to draw attention to:
- Detect existing Exchange session – If you cancel the script to create mailboxes while it’s running, you previously needed to run a Remove-PSSession to close the open Exchange session.