This certainly seems to be a day for updates! Based on some additional feedback from my peers, I’ve updated the Get-UserHoldPolicies script to exclude legacy Exchange MRM policies by default. MRM policies, while they have RetentionPolicyTags, are technically either moving or deleting content, not preserving it.… [ Continue reading ]
A new year, a new update for Get-UserHoldPolicies! Woo!
I stumbled across some additional information today regarding deciphering hold policies for mailboxes while troubleshooting another issue and decided to update my Get-UserHoldPolicies tool to reflect it.
The core pieces that I added:
- Identifying Skype policies (as prefaced by sky in the InPlaceHolds property of a mailbox)
- Identifying excluded mailbox policies (as prefaced by -mbx in the InPlaceHolds property of a mailbox)
- Disposition action for items at the end of a retention period:
- Delete only
- Do nothing after retention period
- Delete after retention period
You can see a few of the new options here. … [ Continue reading ]
One of the issues that some of my larger customers have been dealing with is the lack of tooling and planning around moving legacy Exchange Online In-Place eDiscovery & Holds to the new(ish) Security & Compliance Center. Our direction has been to either let them age out or manually recreate them the Security & Compliance Center.… [ Continue reading ]