Update to Create-LabUsers Script

Update to Create-LabUsers Script

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

My colleague Andreas asked today for some help troubleshooting an issue he’d run into with the Create-LabUsers script failing while using the InflateMailboxes parameter.

The problem ended up being three-fold:

  • I had some pre-populated user names that had spaces in them
  • I hadn’t trimmed the spaces out when constructing the SMTP address (although I had for the UPN)
  • I didn’t test for a valid RFC sender address when constructing the mail

So, all of those things together conspired to generate errors whenever some of those user names were hit.  To resolve, I’ve updated the SMTP address generation to remove the spaces (to make them RFC-compliant and now test for a valid sender field.

The updated version is right where I left the old one: http://aka.ms/CreateLabUsers.

 

Published by Aaron Guilmette

Helping companies conquer inferior technology since 1997. I spend my time developing and implementing technology solutions so people can spend less time with technology. Specialties: Active Directory and Exchange consulting and deployment, Virtualization, Disaster Recovery, Office 365, datacenter migration/consolidation, cheese.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.